- SLOTS NUMBERS DOWN October was not a good month for the two tribal-owned casinos in the area, at least as far as slot revenues go. Mohegan Sun reports a 10-point-6 percent decline compared to October 2017, while Foxwoods earlier this week reported a 10-percent drop for the same time period. Meanwhile, the Massachusetts Gaming Commission says MGM Springfield kept 14-point-6 million dollars in slots revenues in October, 3-and-a-half million less than September, which was the facility’s first full month of operation. The post FRIDAY EVENING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 WNLC.More »
- SNOW COMES EARLY The first snowstorm of the season to hit Eastern Connecticut brought a few inches of snow and slowed the evening commute to a crawl.Â Residents were advised to stay off the roads early last evening.Â There were a rash of spin outs and minor accidents but local and state police say there were no significant injuries.Â The snow turned to rain overnight and helped clear local roads for the morning commute.Â The post FRIDAY MORNING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 WNLC.More »
- BILDA ON LEAVE Embattled Norwich Public Utilities General Manager John Bilda is on indefinite paid administrative leave, with assistant G-M Chris LaRose taking over on an interim basis.Â Â Â The city board of Public Utilities Commissioners unanimously agreed to the moveÂ tonight after meeting for two and half hours with legal counsel behind closed doors. Board chairman Grace Jones says the action was necessary after Bilda, along with four other officials of the local electric energy cooperative, Â The post THURSDAY EVENING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 WNLC.More »
- “Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald” worked its magic at the weekend box office and opened as the top film
- Diddy took to Instagram to “pay tribute” to his ex-girlfriend.
- Romanian prosecutors are investigating whether a painting by Pablo Picasso that was snatched from a museum in the Netherlands six years ago has turned up in Romania
- Adrienne Bankert reports the buzziest stories of the day in “GMA” Pop News.
- Mark Wahlberg may be known for his tough guy image, but he tugs at the heartstrings in his latest movie, ‘Instant Family.’