- CASINO BILL PASSES COMMITTEE HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) â€“ Connecticut lawmakers are pushing ahead with legislation that could potentially lead to a fourth casino. The General Assemblyâ€™s Public Safety Committee voted 22-3 on Friday in favor of a revamped bill that would allow casino developers to submit proposals to build a casino, possibly in Bridgeport. Unlike the original version, this retooled bill does not strip last yearâ€™s legislative approval of a new tribal casino in East Windsor, The post FRIDAY EVENING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 WNLC.More »
- KINDERGARTEN KONTROVERSY It started with an “innocent” attempt to involve two dozen local kindergarteners in the historic National School walkout moment Wednesday. But the 17-minute walk outside Harbor Elementary School in New London has sparked a heated political debate on social media, a call for the principal’s resignation, hints of censure for a school board member and a passionate defense of the teachers involved. Board of Education member Jason Catala, chairman of the board’s Policy Committee, The post FRIDAY MORNING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 WNLC.More »
- CITY MONEY SOUGHT FOR REID AND HUGHES Norwich aldermen will consider Monday night whether the city should kick-in 150-thousand dollars so the crumbling Reid and Hughes building can be stabilized. The move comes after the propertyâ€™s preferred developer failed to obtain the money through the cityâ€™s downtown revitalization program. The Womenâ€™s Institute for Housing and Economic Development says the funding is the last piece needed to get stabilization done, so they can then pursue money for an estimated 6-million dollar renovation of the building into retail space and apartments. The post THURSDAY EVENING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 WNLC.More »
- “Black Panther” has become the first film since 2000’s “Avatar” to top the weekend box office five straight weekends
- Yann Arnaud succumbed to his injuries after falling on the stage during a show.
- “Sexism is a problem in every industry,” John Legend said in a recent interview.
- Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., ranking member of the House Intelligence Committee, joins “This Week.”
- ABC News’ Adrienne Bankert reports the buzziest stories of the day in “GMA” Pop News.