- DAUGHTER CHARGED WITH STEALING FROM DADâ€™S BUSINESS The daughter of the owner of a Norwich auto repair shop has been charged with stealing more than 600-thousand dollars from the business.Â 49-year old Danielle Kolashuk turned herself in to police this morning.Â Police claimÂ Kolashuk took the money between 2012 andÂ 2016.Â Media reports say Kolashukâ€™s father owns Superior Auto center on Stonington Road.Â Authorities say Kolashuk was the companyâ€™s office manager and held power of attorney for her dad.Â The post FRIDAY EVENING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 WNLC.More »
- NL LEADERS SEEKING TRASH ALTERNATIVES Public backlash to a proposed Pay As You Throw program is prompting New London officials to investigate other options for trash disposal. City councilor John Satti says the city is in the midst of a trash crisis and that recycling and education need to be enhanced.Â The city council is thinking about forming a committee to investigate trash removal options.Â Mayor Mike Passero says his administration will continue to promote the Pay As You Throw option. The post FRIDAY MORNING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 WNLC.More »
- GROTON OIL SPILL Crews are cleaning up an oil spill in Groton.Â State environmental officials say a worker at Groton Oil and Marina on Thames Street put oil in the wrong underground storage tank, prompting some 400 gallons to spill down a hill and gather at a retaining wall.Â About 10 gallons got into the Thames River.Â State officials, the Coast Guard, and the marina ownerâ€™s contractor are cleaning up the site. FATHER TO SERVE TIME FOR FATAL CRASH A Griswold man will serve six years in prison after driving a car in a crash that killed his daughter.Â Â …More »
- A St. Louis-area couple who died in the tourist boat accident near Branson apparently opted for the duck boat ride at the last minute
- The former NBA star helps coach a high school basketball team from Newark, New Jersey.
- Adrienne Bankert reports the buzziest stories of the day in “GMA” Pop News.
- The rapper was pulled over for an illegal lane change when a weapon was found.
- Taylor Swift brought her explosive Reputation Tour to the MetLife Stadium on Friday and will make history as the first female artist to play three consecutive shows at the venue when she performs Saturday and Sunday