- BARRICADEDÂ MAN IN CUSTODY AÂ Groton City man who barricaded himself inside his Flemming Court home early thisÂ morning is being held on 60-thousand dollars bond.Â Police say they responded to the residence around 5:20 AM to find 52-year old Robert Patterson saying he wanted-quote-death by cop.Â Police say his estranged girlfriend told them he was heavily armed, and acting very unstable.Â Neighbors were evacuated, and others were told to shelter-in-place, while negotiations were going on.Â The post FRIDAY EVENING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 WNLC.More »
- BARRICADED MAN FORCES STREET CLOSURES Police in the City of Groton told people to shelter in place as they shut down a street for a barricaded man.Â WFSB-TV reports the man barricaded himself in a home on Mitchell Street around 4 a.m. today.Â A routine welfare check disintegrated for some unknown reason.Â Mitchell is closed at Meridian Street and Poquonnock Road.Â Other roads in the surrounding area are also closed.Â Police evacuated residents of Flemming Court.Â The post FRIDAY MORNING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 WNLC.More »
- ROWLANDÂ GETTING OUT HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) â€“ Former Connecticut Governor John Rowland,Â who was twice convicted on felony charges, is scheduled to be released from federal custody. The Federal Bureau of Prisons says Rowland will be released from a halfway house Sunday, nearly a year early from his 30-month sentence. The 61-year-old Republican had been transferred to the halfway house from a prison camp in Pennsylvania. Federal officials previously declined to explain Rowlandâ€™s early release, The post THURSDAY EVENING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 WNLC.More »
- “The Bachelorette” premieres Monday night on ABC.
- Gary Michael Houston told GMA exclusively that Whitney Houstonâ€™s fans should direct their anger at the unnamed family member who first snapped the 2006 photo.
- Police in Russia have arrested a man on charges of vandalizing a famous painting by renowned Russian artist Ilya Repin in Moscow
- Morgan Freeman says he did not assault women and that people shouldn’t equate bad attempts at humor with assault
- Kanye West used a controversial photo of Houston’s bathroom for Pusha T’s album.