- POSSIBLE RE-TRIAL A re-trial may occur in the Joey Gingerella murder case.Â The jury who found 32-year old Dante Hughes guilty last month of fatally shooting Gingerella outside Ryanâ€™s Pub in Groton in December 2016 might have used some outside resource materials during deliberations, violating the judgeâ€™s instructions. The jury has been called back to New London Superior Court September 4th to be questioned by the trial judge.Â The Day is quoting several anonymous court officials who say a juror looked up the meaning of the word â€œmanslaughterâ€� in the dictionary. The post FRIDAY EVENING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 …More »
- UPDATE ON NEW HAVEN OVERDOSES New Haven police have been swarming the cityâ€™s green and searching peopleâ€™s homes for drugs in an effort to prevent more overdoses from a batch of synthetic marijuana. Nearly 100 people were hospitalized in a 36-hour period. City Police Chief Anthony Campbell says increased patrols have been on the Green, where most of the overdoses occurred Wednesday. Campbell said officers are executing search warrants in an effort to get all the bad â€œK2â€� off the streets. The post THURSDAY EVENING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 WNLC.More »
- CONCERN ABOUT ATTEMPTED CHILD ABDUCTIONS Residents in the Crystal Avenue neighborhood of New London are being a little more cautious after reports of two attempted child abductions over the past two weeks.Â Â City police say a black male driving a silver four-door Honda, possibly with Florida license plates, approached a 12-year old boy Tuesday afternoon near State Pier Road, grabbed the boyâ€™s wrists, and dragged him toward a parked car.Â Â The boy ran away.Â The post WEDNESDAY EVENING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 WNLC.More »
- Move over, alternative facts. Now, truth isn’t truth.
- Glitz has won out over guns at the North American box office this weekend as the gilded romance “Crazy Rich Asians” took No. 1 over Mark Wahlberg’s action-packed “Mile 22”
- Throughout Aretha Franklin’s career, ‘The Queen of Soul’ often returned to the nation’s capital for performances that at times put her in line with key moments of U.S. history
- A behind-the-scenes peek at MTV’s biggest night and a look back at its iconic moments.
- Romina Puga reports the buzziest stories of the day in “GMA” Pop News.