- COSTCO GAINS FINAL APPROVAL A Costco in East Lyme cleared its last municipal hurdle last night. In an 8-1 vote, the town’s Water and Sewer Commission approved a 76-hundred gallon daily sewage capacity for the store to be built on I-95 at Exit 74. Ground could be broken on the 158,000 square foot store early next year. ALLEGED “GOTH” STRANGLER GOES ON TRIAL The first day of a trial into a bizarre strangulation case got underway yesterday in New London. The post WEDNESDAY MORNING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 WNLC.More »
- DRIVER KILLED IN TRACTOR-TRAILER CRASH GROTON, Conn. (AP) â€“ Police say a tractor-trailer driver has died in a crash on Interstate 95 southbound inÂ Groton. Authorities say the truck went off the side of the highway and down an embankment in Groton just before 5 a.m. Tuesday near exit 89.Â The driver was pronounced dead at the scene. No name was released. The highway was closed for several hours as police worked to clear the area. The post TUESDAY EVENING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 WNLC.More »
- DEADLY ACCIDENT IN GROTON A deadly crash closed a lane of Interstate 95 south in Groton for a while this morning. Fire officials confirmed that a tractor trailer went down an embankment and that one person was killed. The accident has cleared and the lane reopened around 6:45. The crash happened near exit 89 just before 5 a.m.Â State police said they are still investigating how it happened. HEARING TONIGHT ON PLASTICS BAN The Plastic Bags and Straws Ad Hoc Committee in Stonington will hold a public hearing tonight to discuss a proposed ordinance aimed at reducing plastic waste and …More »
- President Donald Trump’s administration claims it has “broad discretion” to regulate access to the White House as it fends off a legal challenge from CNN and other outlets over the revocation of journalist Jim Acosta’s “hard pass.”
- Music Review: Canadian crooner Michael Buble is back after taking time off to deal with a son’s illness and “love” is full of the kind of songs he sounds totally at ease with, mostly standards from decades past
- Lara Spencer reports the buzziest stories of the day in “GMA” Pop News.
- Carrie Underwood will be working triple-duty at the 2018 Country Music Association Awards as co-host, performer and nominee
- The country music superstar opens up about his most recent projects and what fans can expect next.