Hall Communications (WCTY/WKNL/WNLC/WICH) in Norwich, CT is looking for broadcast interns. An internship with us can offer a wide array of experience and may include responsibilities for organizing, preparing, coordinating, and executing promotional events. In addition the experience may include working with on-air talent, brainstorming new ideas, and communicating with listeners.
Interns will also:
- Learn to use digital audio editing software to support the on-air and sales staff withboth listener and client audio needs.
- Learn how to provide on-air morning hosts with show prep and production for morning show bits
- See first hand the strategy and execution of promotions and content that is used to increase ratings for several different radio formats.
- Gain valuable “on location” experience at remote broadcasts, client stops and station appearances. Learn how to interact with listeners and clients alike when we’re away from the radio station.
- Assist the Program Directors with listener research and music studies.
Applicants should be available for a 10-15 hour week – e.g. Monday, Wednesday & Friday, or Tuesday & Thursday 7:00 AM-10:30 PM or 10:30-2PM including evening or weekend events as scheduled. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and have access to a personal vehicle to drive to station events.
General Information: Internships are offered during the summer, fall, and winter/spring semesters. Internship positions are offered at our offices on Cuprak Road in Norwich, CT. This is an unpaid position.
Eligibility: A candidate must be a high school student over the age of 16, or be an undergraduate student. To qualify, interns must receive academic credit for the internship and must be authorized to work in the United States.
For further information, please call 860 887-3511